With correct customization, the Neofect Extender PLUS assists joint motion to maximize functional performance. The tension of the elastic straps located along each finger can be adjusted to assist with the finger/thumb extension needed to release an object from a user’s grasp. The user can customize the amount of assistance the Neofect Extender PLUS provides to allow an affected hand to better perform functional movements.
The Neofect Extender PLUS has a lightweight ergonomic design that features gliding elastic finger strapping which mimics the natural movement of the extensor tendons of the fingers. The proprietary tension system gently extends the client’s fingers and thumb following grasping. Thick industrial strength velcro allows for tension to be adjusted at each finger as well as the MCPs and wrist. The palm is exposed to increase breathability and ease when putting the glove on.
- Silicone covered finger surfaces improve traction during grasping.
- A non-slip liner minimizes migration during exercises & functional hand movements.
- Chamude material provides ventilation and antibiotic properties which allow for comfortable long wear.
- The exposed palm is designed to increase breathability & to make it easier to put on & take off.
WHO can benefit from a Extender PLUS?
- A patient needs some ability to flex & extend their fingers. In addition, electrical stim (NMES) can accompany a therapy session to increase muscle activity in patients with minimal wrist/finger extension.
- A patient can have slightly increased tone in their flexor muscles.
How to training with Extender Plus?
When the patient bends fingers, the elastic band will be released according to his control. It will help training of the fingers and holding product such as cup and pen.
DECREASE FINGER SPASTICITY
It has an ergonomic design that features a wrist extension strap that secures the wrist in a functional position. Clinically proved extension assist tension straps are located at the Finger Tips for all digits and assist with extending the fingers and thumb following grasping.
GRASP, GRIP and with Electrical stimulus.
A patient needs some ability to flex & extend their fingers. In addition, electrical stimulus can accompany a therapy session to increase muscle activity in patients with minimal wrist/finger extension.
Please measure your middle finger length to determine glove size.
- Small: Middle finger is between 2.4 - 2.7 inches
- Medium: Middle finger is between 2.8 to 3.1 inches
- Large: Middle finger is between 3.2 to 3.5 inches
Product size is very important for proper function.