Neofect Extender is a positioning tool for those with mild hand spasticity or weakness. With customizable tension straps the extender helps reduce spasticity by encouraging the fingers into an extended open hand position. The finger strapping can also be reversed to support secure grip while holding an object.
- Silicone covered finger surfaces improve traction during grasping.
- A non-slip liner minimizes migration during exercises & functional hand movements.
- Chamude material provides ventilation and antibiotic properties which allow for comfortable long wear.
- The exposed palm is designed to increase breathability & to make it easier to put on & take off.
Decrease Finger/Wrist Spasticity
- It has an ergonomic design that features a wrist extension strap that secures the wrist in a functional position. Clinically proved extension assist tension straps are located at the Finger Tips for all digits and assist with extending the fingers and thumb following grasping.
- Can be used for wrist & hand spasticity, with customizable straps the extender helps reduce spasticity by encouraging the fingers into an extended open hand position.
What is Spastic Hand?
Spasticity is a form of hypertonia, or increased muscle tone. This results in stiff muscles which can make movement difficult or even impossible.
- Muscles appear stiff because the messages to the muscles are sent incorrectly through the damaged part of the brain
- When a muscle is affected by spasticity, the faster the limb is moved, the stiffer it seems
- Spasticity is seen in a number of different conditions including cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke and multiple sclerosis
- People may have difficulty moving from one position to another and controlling individual muscles or muscle groups needed for performing certain tasks like handling objects or speaking
Neofect Extender is a positioning tool for those with hand muscle stiffen or tighten
- Can determine the position of each finger by adjusting the strap tension
- Reversible soft touch velcro straps allow the user to reinforce their grip on objects during functional grasp activities
- The exposed palm design is applied to increase breathability and to make it easier to put on/take off.
What after Spasticity Decreased?
- getting dressed
- washing and toileting oneself
- eating or drinking
- manipulating objects
Please measure your middle finger length to determine glove size.
- Small: Middle finger is between 2.4 - 2.7 inches
- Medium: Middle finger is between 2.8 to 3.1 inches
- Large: Middle finger is between 3.2 to 3.5 inches
Product size is very important for proper function.